VIDEO: Margarita jello shots
Tequila on a tray
Who said your Cinco de Mayo margarita could only come frozen or on the rocks? Serve these crafty jello shots for a fun and unforgettable party favor.
Margarita jello shot recipe
- 6-8 limes
- 3 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package Knox unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 3 ounces good-quality tequila
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Sea salt or large-crystal sugar, for garnish
- Cut the limes in half.
- Make a small slit at the tops of the halved limes.
- Gently juice the limes (collecting the lime juice for later use).
- Peel the pulp away from the skins of the limes.
- Place the peels into a mini muffin pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, water and sugar.
- Sprinkle in the gelatin, and warm over medium heat, stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in the tequila and Grand Marnier or Cointreau, and then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into the lime halves.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into wedges, and serve sprinkled with salt.
More jello recipes
Entirely edible strawberry margarita Jell-O shots
Piñata-shaped jello shots
Vegan adults-only jello shots