You've probably seen cream cheese and seafood stuffed peppers. This one is taking it up a notch with pulled pork, cheese and red onions.
My family loves a good pulled pork recipe. Hours upon hours of cooking in a delicious rub and sauce to make it juicy and moist. Typically I would whip up a quick sandwich with this meat, but today I wanted to showcase another favorite of mine: poblano peppers packed to the brim with pulled pork, cheese and red onions. Everyone sees the typical cream cheese with bacon stuffed peppers, but this just elevated it to a whole new level.
Cheesy pulled pork stuffed pepper recipe
- 4 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 fluid ounces Dr Pepper
- 8 poblano peppers, cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Pat the pork loin with paper towels to remove some of the moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder. Spread this mixture all over the pork loin.
- Place the pork loin in a slow cooker, and then pour the Dr Pepper around the pork loin. Cook on high for 6 hours, flipping the pork loin over after 3 hours.
- When the loin is done cooking, start to shred the meat using 2 forks. Let it soak in the liquid for an additional 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the poblano peppers in half, and remove the seeds. Fill each side of the pepper with pulled pork, and then top with cheese and red onions.
- Place in a large casserole dish. Fill the baking dish up with about 1/4 inch of water.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
More stuffed pepper recipes
Pineapple rice stuffed peppers
Stuffed pepper soup
Creamy stuffed peppers