Kick off your Cinco de Mayo party with these easy-to-make appetizers.
I'm always entertaining people with my love for Mexican food. These three appetizers will definitely get your Cinco de Mayo party started the right way. They are super easy to make, and you will enjoy taste-testing along the way.
Ceviche-stuffed avocado recipe
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Heinz chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Anaheim pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped boiled shrimp
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large avocados, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the avocados. Stir until well coated.
- Cover with saran wrap, and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the ceviche from the refrigerator and uncover it.
- Slice the avocados in half, and remove the seeds.
- Scoop the ceviche into each avocado half, and serve.
Mexican egg rolls recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced white onions
- 1 tablespoon mild taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef and onions.
- After cooking for about 3 minutes, stir in the taco seasoning mix, bell peppers and black beans.
- Continue to cook until the beef is brown.
- Season with salt.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper into a triangle form. Scoop the meat mixture into the bottom portion of the triangle, and then top with a little sprinkle of cheese.
- Fold up the bottom piece, then the outside edges, followed by the top portion.
- Repeat until all the egg rolls are done.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the egg rolls down, and then spray the tops of each one.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip the eggs rolls, and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Let the egg rolls cool, and then top them with avocado chunks and salsa.
Chorizo pita bites recipe
- 8 ounces chorizo
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 18 pita bite crackers
- In a medium-size pan, cook the chorizo on medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
- Drain the grease, and set the chorizo aside.
- In a bowl, add the avocado, salt and lemon juice. Mash with a fork, leaving chunks.
- Using a spoon or watermelon scoop, place a little bit of chorizo on top of the pita crackers, and then top with the avocado mixture.
More amazing Mexican appetizers
Authentic Mexican guacamole