These three recipes all include 100 percent fruit juice made by Welch's. The mango smoothie, fruit salad parfait and chicken kebabs are delicious, healthy and each recipe is sure to please a crowd.
Banana mango smoothie
This smoothie is sweet and has a great fruity flavor. The natural sugars in the fruit and fruit juice tastes decadent. You can whip up this smoothie in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup Farmer’s Pick by Welch's 100% Juice Mango
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth. Pour into 2 tall glasses and enjoy immediately.
Fruit salad with blackberry ginger lime syrup
This simple fruit salad is glazed in a delicious blackberry, lime and ginger syrup. The syrup comes together while you chop the fruits. This salad is ready in less than 30 minutes and is the perfect addition to a meal.
- 2 cups Farmer’s Pick by Welch's 100% Juice Blackberry
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1-1/2 cups fresh seedless green grapes, washed and stems removed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 -1/2 cups strawberries, stems removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups blackberries, washed
- Place Farmer’s Pick Blackberry 100% Juice in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Allow juice to simmer on low until reduced by half about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the lime juice, zest and ginger into the warm blackberry juice. Pour juice into a container, cover and refrigerate. Prepare in advance to allow flavors to combine and for juice to cool.
- In a trifle bowl or clear container, layer the fruit starting with the grapes, pineapple, strawberries, and cantaloupe, ending with the blackberries.
- Pour the chilled blackberry, ginger and lime syrup over fruit, cover and refrigerate for 30 another minutes. Syrup will color the fruit purple and create a bolder flavor the longer the fruit sits in the syrup.
- Serve chilled.
Chicken and grape kebabs with thyme
These chicken kebabs are grape-flavored and well seasoned thanks to the thyme, yogurt, garlic and other spices. These kebabs are marinated for at least 30 minutes, skewered and then they are ready to go on the grill.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup Farmer’s Pick by Welch's 100% Juice Concord Grape
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, yogurt, Farmer’s Pick by Welch's Concord Grape 100% Juice, thyme, bay leaf and garlic into a large sealable plastic freezer bag. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the marinade and stir to combine. Add the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Remove pieces from the marinade and pat them dry; set aside on a clean plate. Meanwhile, submerge 4 skewers in cold water for 10 minutes; this helps prevent flare-ups on the grill.
- Onto each skewer thread a piece of chicken followed by a grape, followed by some red onions repeat until the chicken, grapes and red onions are used up. Meanwhile, preheat a lightly oil grill over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the chicken skewers to the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side until completely cooked, about 16 minutes total. Let the skewers rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This post was sponsored by Farmer's Pick by Welch's.
More fruit recipes
5 Healthy fruit salad recipes
Energizing green detox smoothie
Sea salt chocolate dipped fruit snacks