Shredded zucchini is the surprise base ingredient in this pizza crust recipe. This green summer veggie gives it a whole new spin and keeps pizza healthy.
We enjoy experimenting with fun recipes in our home, and this one has become a favorite of my family. I think almost everyone has heard of or is familiar with similar recipes using vegetables in place of flour in pizza recipes, and when I came across this one, I knew it was a must-try. If you love zucchini, this is definitely a great recipe to add to your dinner rotation. And as a parent, the best part is that kids will never even notice the crust is made from vegetables.
Zucchini pizza crust recipe
Inspired by closet cooking
- 5 cups fresh zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper Jack, mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour or other desired flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
Pizza toppings, as desired
- Extra cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook on high for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, and then place the zucchini in a colander lined with paper towels. Twist the paper towels and squeeze as much of the water from the zucchini as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, add the zucchini, egg, cheeses, almond flour and seasonings. Mix very well, and place on the baking sheet. Shape the mixture into the desired pizza shape, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Top with desired sauce and toppings, and return the pizza to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Best served immediately.
More zucchini recipes
Raw zucchini noodles with creamy avocado sauce
Chocolate zucchini muffins
Salt and vinegar zucchini chips