This cheesy chicken and vegetable stuffed baguette will catch everyone's attention at your next party.
I'm all for appetizers especially at a party. It's all about the dips, chips and the little cute sandwiches that are cut up into triangles. This stuffed baguette is a perfect marriage of all those things into one delicious sliced bite. I combined some of my favorite Mexican flavors and mixed them with some delicious cheese to come up with the filling. Your guests will be begging for this baguette every time they come over.
Cheesy chicken and vegetable stuffed baguette recipe
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 baguette
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the baguette.
- Using a bread knife, start to hollow out 1 side of the baguette leaving the outer bread and crust still intact.
- Repeat with the other side and then use a spoon to dig out the inside bread of the baguette.
- Using a spoon, start to fill the baguette. Push the mixture down with the bottom of an ice cream or cookie scoop. Keep filling until the baguette is full.
- Wrap the bread with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Slice before serving.
More appetizer recipes
Pistachio-crusted shrimp with paprika
Greek cheese appetizers
Mozzarella, salmon and arugula appetizer