Turn the classic chicken Parm comfort dish into muffins for a quick bite.
Chicken Parm is one of those classic dishes everyone knows and loves, and yet you couldn't pay me enough money to order it off a restaurant menu. I love the flavors, but the drenched-in-grease, fried plate drowning in sauce and cheese that comes out of far too many places does the dish no justice. These muffins combine all the delicious elements of chicken Parmesan minus the frying. Serve them over pasta, alongside some spaghetti squash if you're looking for a healthy option or even on top of a salad.
Chicken Parmesan muffins recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken (turkey also works well)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 a medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and grease a muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add and mix together all the ingredients with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands, and place in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with warm tomato sauce.
More chicken Parmesan recipes
Mexican-style chicken Parm
Chicken Parmesan sandwiches
Chicken Parmesan meatballs