Making homemade yeast rolls shouldn't be overwhelming. With this super-simple yeast rolls recipe, you'll feel like a professional baker.
Can we talk about how much I love homemade bread? When I was growing up, my mom used to get so mad at me, because when we would go out to dinner, I would fill up on free bread and then barely eat my meal. What can I say? Fresh, hot bread is the best food ever.
Now, the only thing that makes bread even better is when it's slathered in fresh butter. I decided to make my own whipped honey butter because I love the combination of creamy, salty and sweet. It's basically the best flavor combination on planet Earth. Am I right?
Super-simple yeast rolls recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (more flour may be needed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 packet quick active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk
- 1 large egg
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add 2 cups of flour, the sugar, butter, salt, yeast, warm water, warm milk and egg.
- Mix together on low for about 2 minutes, sprinkling in more flour as needed to create a dough that is together and not too sticky.
- Flour your counter, and turn the dough out onto the floured area. Sprinkle more flour on top of the dough, and flour your hands.
- Knead the dough about 5 minutes, until it is smooth. If your dough is sticky, then add in more flour, and if your hands get doughy, make sure to wash it off, re-flour and then continue kneading.
- Lightly spray a large mixing bowl with nonstick spray, add in the dough, cover, and let it rise for 1 hour. At this point the dough should be double in size. Make sure to keep your dough in a warm place for optimal rising.
- Once the dough is ready, spray two 9-inch cake pans with nonstick spray.
- Punch down the dough, and divide it in half. Cut each half into 12 pieces, and roll each piece into a ball.
- Equally space 12 balls into each cake pan.
- Cover the pans, set them in a warm room, and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes, until the rolls are double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, and brush with honey butter.
Homemade whipped honey butter recipe
Yields 1/2 a cup
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- Pinch kosher salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter, honey and salt.
- Whip on high speed until fluffy.
More bread recipes
Cheese, pepperoni and spinach stuffed bread recipe
Persimmon gingerbread loaf recipe
Brown butter and garlic cheese bread recipe