These grilled salmon and pineapple pops are a sweet and sticky appetizer.
If I could eat all my meals in small bites (the Spanish really have it down with the whole tapas thing), I would. You get to eat way more variety and small, bite-size food is just more fun. Throw that bite-size food on little sticks like a lollipop and salmon and pineapple have never been more fun to eat. Plus, there's a deliciously sweet and sticky honey soy glaze coating the whole thing.
Honey soy glazed salmon and pineapple skewers recipe
Yields 15 skewers
- 3/4 pound salmon, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pineapple, half cut into 1-inch cubes, the other half sliced into rings for serving
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Small skewer sticks (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20 minutes)
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Add the salmon to the bowl, toss to coat, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a grill pan or grill over medium-high heat and grease the grates with cooking spray or oil.
- Thread 2 pineapple cubes, a green onion, a salmon cube and another green onion onto a skewer in that order.
- Place the skewer on the hot grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until grill marks appear.
- Serve the skewers in the pineapple slices.
More salmon recipes
Salmon, asparagus and Brie quiche
Broiled teriyaki salmon
Tandoori salmon recipe