Nutella is sweet and chocolaty, but it becomes even better when rolled up and lightly pan-fried. Say hello to your new favorite breakfast.
If there is one thing I love, it's French toast. I love it smothered with berries, covered in powdered sugar and drizzled with syrup. However, this French toast recipe is just a little different. I used soft squishy white bread and then filled it with sweet and nutty Nutella. Trust me, if you like your breakfast a little sweet, you're going to love this recipe.
Nutella French toast roll-ups
- 8 slices soft white bread
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar
- Whipped topping (for topping)
- Chocolate syrup (for topping)
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each bread slice.
- Spread about 1-1/2 teaspoons Nutella on each slice of bread and gently roll it up.
- In a shallow dish whisk together egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Dip rolled French toast into the egg/milk mixture and add it to the hot melted butter.
- Cook equally on all sides until crispy and browned.
- Remove from the skillet and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Top with whipped topping and chocolate syrup if desired.
More French toast recipes
Bananas Foster French toast
Mascarpone-stuffed French toast with cranberries
Whole-wheat French toast sticks