We all love corned beef, but it gets even better when we pair it with crispy pumpernickel bread and lots of melted cheese. Pair it with Russian dressing and call it dinner.
There is nothing I love more than sitting down and eating a giant grilled cheese. In fact, whenever I have leftover meat I always figure out a way to enjoy it on a grilled cheese. That's why I knew that I had to make a grilled cheese with my leftover corned beef. This sandwich is the perfect combination of salty corned beef, sharp Irish cheddar, homemade Russian dressing and crispy pumpernickel bread. You're going to love this sandwich.
Corned beef grilled cheese recipe
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- Russian dressing (recipe follows)
- 4 slices Irish cheddar cheese
- 6 slices corned beef
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Lay out bread and start building your sandwich.
- Spread a thing layer of Russian dressing on all the slices of bread.
- Top 2 slices of the bread in the following order 1 slice cheese, 3 slices corned beef and 1 slice cheese.
- Top each sandwich with remaining slice of bread, Russian dressing side down.
- Add butter to a large skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the sandwiches to the skillet and cook until the bottom is crispy and the cheese is starting to melt. Flip over and cook until the other side is crispy and all the cheese is melted.
- Serve the finished sandwich with extra Russian dressing for dipping.
Homemade Russian dressing recipe
Yields about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon grated sweet onion
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients and let sit in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More corned beef recipes
Corned beef cabbage roll
Corned beef salad
Cabbage and corned beef casserole