This adorable St. Patrick's Day cake takes less than 15 minutes of work, and is a whole lot easier than the fancy layered cakes all over Pinterest right now. Perfect for busy moms.
Who knew a holiday cake could be so easy? This Rice Krispies treat cake is my go-to dessert for St. Patrick's Day, and a stress-free option for dessert for a large group like a class party.
Simply melt your butter or coconut oil in a pot and stir in the marshmallows. Keep stirring until everything is melted into a goopy blob of sugary deliciousness.
Then stir in your Rice Krispies and M&M's.
Once everything is well mixed, dump it into a greased Bundt pan and press it in. I like to use some wax paper to keep it from sticking to my fingers.
Let cool for an hour on the counter, or 20 minutes in the fridge.
You can even use gluten-free Rice Krispies to make this a gluten-free cake.
St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispies treat Bundt cake recipe
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup light green M&M's
- 1 cup dark green M&M's
- Coat the inside of a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they're melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies. Wait a couple minutes and stir in the M&M's. This will help keep the M&M's from cracking due to the heat.
- Dump the Rice Krispies mix into your prepared Bundt pan.
- Use wax paper to press everything firmly into the pan. (If your Rick Krispies mix is still very hot, wait a few minutes to prevent your M&M's from cracking.)
- Let cool completely, then place a plate over the pan. Invert the pan so the "cake" sits on the plate. Slice into wedges to serve.
More St. Patrick's Day desserts
Easy layered cake for St. Patrick's Day
Low-fat whoopie pies for St. Patrick's Day