This could be the world's easiest recipe! It only takes a few ingredients to make this classic dish that's fun to serve to a group of friends or family.
Out of time to make dinner or just looking for a fun dish to serve? This Sunday dinner recipe for Fritos skillet pie is a favorite, and no wonder: Fritos are one of the main ingredients!
This might not be the healthiest meal you'll serve, but it's fun to make every once in a while. To help ease my mind a little, I used my favorite vegetarian chili, served plenty of veggie toppings and a fresh green salad on the side.
Make this meal when you've got a group of friends together, or you're looking for some family fun around the dinner table. It couldn't be easier to get this dish together for a quick meal.
Fritos skillet pie recipe
- 3 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili (your favorite)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: diced tomato, diced green onions, shredded lettuce, diced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the corn chips to the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet (you could also use a baking dish). Spoon the chili evenly over the chips.
- Top with the cheese (I added diced green onion to mine prior to adding the cheese).
- Place the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chili begins to bubble up.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve in individual bowls topped with your favorite garnishes.
Crunch into this favorite dish!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Farfalle with creamy blue cheese sauce, shrimp and asparagus
Caramelized onion, steak and Swiss chard panini
Thai red curry shrimp with green beans