Cream cheese and jalapeño stuffed chicken; hard to get much better than that.
This is a creamy, gooey, decadent chicken dish that everyone's sure to love. It tastes just like the beloved jalapeño popper appetizer except stuffed inside a juicy chicken breast. If cream cheese doesn't get the family excited for dinner, nothing will.
Jalapeño popper chicken recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds split chicken breasts, skin on, bone in
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 pickled jalapeños from a can, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar, garlic and jalapeños together in a small bowl.
- Carefully peel back the skin of the chicken and stuff the cream cheese mixture underneath, spreading it into all the crevices. Pull the skin back over the filling and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Broil on high for the last 2 minutes to get the skin nice and golden brown if desired.
More chicken recipes
Mexican-style chicken Parm
Buffalo chicken tater tot casserole