Turn ordinary chicken breasts into an impressive dinner by stuffing them with a cheesy olive and spinach mixture!
Your family will love this twist to chicken breasts! Stuffing them with a cheesy spinach and olive mixture packs a flavorful punch.
Tip: Facts Up Front has created a label to make sure you're getting nutritional bang for your calorie buck. You can find it on the front of most packaged foods, outlining per-serving calories, fat, salt, and more.
Start by mixing cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and spinach in a large bowl.
Spread the cheese and spinach mixture onto chicken breasts that have been pounded to about a 1/4-inch thickness. Top with sliced black olives.
Roll the chicken breasts up and secure with a toothpick or a wooden skewer that has been shortened. The chicken will then be dipped into a cracker crumb mixture and baked.
Creamy spinach and olive stuffed chicken recipe
Adapted from KraftRecipes.com
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed buttery (Ritz) crackers
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir with a large spoon to combine.
- Spread cheese mixture over chicken breasts. Top each breast evenly with black olives.
- Roll up breasts tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining Parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast into beaten egg, then roll in crumb and cheese mixture to coat.
- Place in a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
Although we think the nutrition labeling system is great, we were paid to mention Facts Up Front in this article.
More stuffed chicken recipes
Stuffed chicken with pesto and goat cheese
Mushroom stuffed chicken
Light and healthy stuffed chicken breasts