This rich and creamy pasta is one everyone will enjoy. It's perfect for entertaining and will impress all who are gathered around the dinner table.
What could be better for Sunday dinner than farfalle with creamy blue cheese sauce, shrimp and asparagus? The rich sauce is swoon-worthy, and you'll work to pick up every drop that makes it onto your plate.
This recipe is a great all-in-one dish with filling ingredients like shrimp and asparagus. If you're looking for a dish that will impress, I'm positive this will do the trick, and it's easy to prepare. You might want to make a bit extra, since seconds will likely be requested.
Farfalle with creamy blue cheese sauce, shrimp and asparagus recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on the diagonal in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for the pasta water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1/2 pound large precooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, plus extra as garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blanch the asparagus in a skillet of boiling water, just enough to cover the asparagus. Cook for just a few minutes until the asparagus turns bright green, then drain and submerge them in icy water. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions, or until done.
- About 6-8 minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes, or until it begins to soften and turns translucent. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Transfer the onion and shrimp to a bowl and set aside. Clean out the skillet and return it to the heat.
- Add the half-and-half to the skillet and cook over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the blue cheese and continue to cook, stirring, for another few minutes.
- The pasta should be finished cooking at this point. Drain it and add it to the sauce along with the asparagus, shrimp, onions and black pepper. Stir the ingredients to coat them in the sauce.
- Serve warm with extra blue cheese crumbles as garnish.
Everything's better with blue cheese!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Thai red curry shrimp with green beans
Parmesan-crusted baked pork medallions
Sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken