Fool your kids and even yourself with these tots made from cauliflower! Transformed and baked, this is a fun way to sneak in healthy vegetables.
Are you looking for new ways to incorporate vegetables into your family's diet? In this recipe, I replaced white potatoes with cauliflower to create these tasty little cauliflower tots. These make an excellent side dish with burgers, sandwiches or homemade corn dogs, and they are also gluten-free!
Cheesy cauliflower tots recipe
Yields about 25-30, depending on size
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the florets from the cauliflower and lightly steam in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the steamed cauliflower and lightly pulse until it resembles crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, almond flour, cheese, seasonings and the egg. Using your hands, mix very well and form the mixture into tater tot shapes.
- Place the tots on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes (turning halfway through) or until golden brown.
More cauliflower recipes
Cauliflower pizza crust
Vegan cauliflower jerky
Spicy Sriracha baked cauliflower