This guiltless cookie is packed with nutrient-dense ingredients such as organic coconut oil, almond flour and spices, leaving out the highly processed and sugar laden fillers.
One of my favorite desserts is good old fashioned carrot cake. Not only is it unhealthy it is empty in calories and lacks in the nutrition department. I often find myself craving something sweet in the evenings and rather than eating pie or ice cream I have made these and kept a batch in my pantry.
Not only are these rich, dense and absolutely delicious they are vegan, gluten free and all natural! I tend to make my cookies heavy on the spices so if you are not into a spicy cookie cut back and add more as desired.
All-natural vegan chewy carrot coconut cookie recipe
Inspired by 101cookbooks
Yields about 2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour (you can substitute whole-wheat flour)
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, warmed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 organic raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet (or 2 small) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and the spices, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, add the orange juice and zest, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix. Add in the carrots, raisins and walnuts and fold into the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown (be careful not to overbake). Place cookies on a wire rack to cool and serve with an icy cold glass of chilled almond milk.
More vegan recipes
Vegan cheeseburger bombs
Homemade vanilla cashew butter
Copycat Whole Foods California quinoa salad