Reach For These Rich Cookies
Grab a cookie and celebrate! You don't need a special occasion to enjoy these treats, but they'll make you feel like there is something special going on.
Oh my! That was my reaction after enjoying one (OK, two) of these decadent gluten-free cherry, almond and chocolate pudding cookies. These babies are moist and also include a great combo of almonds and maraschino cherries.
Yes these cookies are rich, but I reduced the amount of butter in this recipe and replaced it with yogurt. That should make you feel better! The Jell-O pudding also helps these cookies keep their moisture and chocolaty goodness. You might want a glass of milk handy when you're eating these goodies!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free cherry, almond & chocolate pudding cookie recipe
Recipe adapted from Kraft
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups gluten-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 3 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, and Jell-O. Use a hand-held mixer to blend the ingredients until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and blend, using a wooden spoon, until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, almonds and cherries. Drop by a tablespoon onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Grab one of these delightful cookies!
More gluten-free recipes
Cinnamon-peach waffles with peach topping
Baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping
Gluten-free socca with tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach