When we are planning a quick weeknight meal, what do we look for? Simplicity, as little cooking time as possible, tasty and possibly healthy? Here's a recipe that has all that and more.
Some days, we just want the day to end as quickly as possible. But, there are still important things to take care of, like dinner for example.
We can always order take-out, but there are also some dishes that are faster to cook than to dial and wait for the food to arrive at your doorstep. And I don't even have to mention that home-cooked meals are far healthier.
Kale & beef sauté with Parmesan recipe
- 1 pound tenderloin beef, sliced into strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 medium tomato, quartered)
- 9 ounces kale, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup port (or other fortified wines like Marsala, Madeira or sherry)
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Rub the meat with salt and pepper, then set aside in a bowl.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, sauté the garlic. After the garlic turns golden, discard. Add the tomatoes and toss for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale. Sauté for 5 minutes, then push to the side of the saucepan.
- Add the beef on the empty side and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the port and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Combine the kale and beef.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the Parmesan before serving. The amount depends on how you like it.
More kale recipes
Garlic kale pasta recipe
Pumpkin pasta with kale and almonds recipe
Kale salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette recipe