Valentine's Day Menu For One
Valentine's Day isn't a real holiday, let's get serious. It's one that's determined to make you feel gushy and happy if you're in love and crappy and dramatic if you're not. If you're one of the many without a date this V-day, make this decadent, delicious and easy menu just for yourself instead.
With this menu, each delicious recipe is designed just for you. That means no, "Can I have a bite?" or "Wanna share that?" These crabcakes, crispy potatoes and incredibly delicious shake are just for you, single gal. Because who wants to share anyway?
Crabcakes for one recipe
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat (not imitation)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters
- 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons crushed whole wheat crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- About 3-1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the crabmeat, diced green onions, Egg Beaters, mayo, crackers, garlic powder and dry mustard. Stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into thick patties (about 1/2-inch thick) and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the oil and cook until deep golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes on each side.
Crispy roasted Cajun potatoes recipe
- 1/2 pound small gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Dash cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place the potatoes in the dish in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the potatoes and use a spatula to turn to coat them.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to break the potatoes up a bit and then roast another 10 minutes.
Walnut-crusted salmon recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) salmon fillet, skin on
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (we used SunRidge Farms)
- About 1/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an oven-safe grill rack (or the top of a broiler pan) with foil and then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the brown sugar and mustard together. Spread the mustard mixture on the salmon and then press the walnuts gently into it, making sure they stick and create a crust.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until desired doneness (the bottom will be white).
Boozy berry milkshake recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups strawberry Arctic Zero
- 1/2 cup vanilla Arctic Zero
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 ounces strawberry vodka
- Splash of milk
- Place all of the ingredients (except milk) into a blender. Blend until smooth and thick, adding milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.
More one-serving recipes
Simple single-serving lunch ideas
You'll flip your lid! 5 Dessert in a jar recipes
Baked salmon for one