Bacon makes everything better. We wrapped little individual meatloaves in bacon and baked till crispy.
Meatloaf has always been one of my favorite meals. You can change it up by stuffing it with cheese or even topping it with salsa. However, hands down my favorite way to jazz it up is by wrapping it in thick sliced bacon. It's salty, savory and brings a nice smoked flavor to the party. To make it extra special, I topped it with butter-sautéed mushrooms and sharp Gorgonzola cheese.
Mini bacon-wrapped meatloaves recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (beef, veal and pork mixture)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add meatloaf mix, egg, onion, celery, milk, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the meat together until fully combined.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Shape into oval loaves.
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each loaf and add to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the meat is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and keep warm while you prepare the mushrooms.
- While the meatloaf is resting, melt the butter in a large skillet and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until soft.
- Pour mushrooms over the meatloaf and sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Serve warm.
More meatloaf recipes