I love using gnocchi in place of macaroni for a creamy cheesy dinner dish. I packed this dish full of fresh chopped baby spinach, crispy fried bacon and lots of sharp cheddar cheese. I shared this dish with my husband, but I wanted to eat the whole thing by myself. This dish is super creamy and perfect for cold winter nights.
Baked gnocchi mac 'n' cheese recipe
- 1 pound store-bought gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped crispy bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Fill a medium pot with water and place over high heat. Once boiling, add the gnocchi and cook until it floats to the top. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Once the butter is melted, add in minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk until combined and smooth. Slowly whisk in milk until combined and the mixture starts to thicken.
- Lower the heat to low and stir in 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese and Parmesan cheese, spinach and bacon. Stir to combine and then stir in cooked gnocchi.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and the top is browned.
More gnocchi recipes
Gnocchi with buttered sage and poppy seeds
Fried gnocchi with tomato sauce