Valentine's Day is usually all about love and sweet treats. Well, this post is dedicated to all the lovely savory dishes you can make for Valentine's Day. My husband and I love making homemade pizza, but sometimes we decide to make pizza and there is no time to make a yeast dough. This easy pizza uses a homemade yeast-free dough that cooks up crispy and delicious. While it's not as chewy as traditional pizza dough, it's perfect in a pinch. To make it extra special, I cut the dough into heart shapes and make adorable heart-shaped pepperoni with my kitchen scissors.
Individual heart-shaped pizza recipe
Slightly adapted from Cooks.com
Yields 8-12 mini pizzas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4-1 cup water
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni, cut into heart shapes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add in olive oil and 3/4 cup water and mix together. If the ball is stiff and crumbly, add remaining water. The dough should be soft but not too sticky.
- Add flour to a clean surface (countertop or large wooden cutting board) and coat your hands in flour. Knead the dough on the surface for 3-4 minutes until smooth. If the dough starts sticking to the surface, simply add more flour and scrape up any sticking dough.
- Once the dough is smooth roll it out until it's 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many heart-shaped pizzas as you can get with the dough. The count will depend on the size of your cookie cutter.
- Spread a small amount of marinara sauce on the pizza dough and sprinkle with cheese. Place pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Place the pizzas on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the dough is cooked and the cheese is lightly golden brown.
More pizza recipes
3 Unique pizza recipes
Sliced steak flatbread recipe
Brussels sprouts and bacon pizza recipe