A Little Sweet And Spice Is Nice
Soup can be sensational with the right ingredients! This Meatless Monday recipe for curried sweet potato, green bean and tortellini soup not only serves like a meal, it's full on flavor, too.
There's something special about combining sweet and spiced ingredients. This curried sweet potato, green bean and tortellini soup gets the proportions just right! Not only does this soup teem with flavor, it makes a hearty one-dish meal.
It just gets better and better, though. This soup has some creaminess to it, too. I'm thinking this dish has just about everything you need to deliver a delectable, filling meal.
Curried sweet potato, green bean and tortellini soup recipe
Recipe adapted from Emeril Lagasse
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 8 ounces dried cheese tortellini
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and curry powder and mix. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the shallot softens.
- Add the vegetable stock, sweet potato and green beans to the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the tortellini to the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the tortellini is soft.
- Add the heavy cream to the pot and stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Sit down to sensational soup!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Quick & easy tofu and veggie lettuce wraps
Cauliflower "couscous" with caramelized onions, cherries & goat cheese
Carrot and kale stir-fry