Candied bacon is amazing but dipping it into chocolate takes it over the edge. This is one amazing treat.
Candied bacon is one of my favorite sweet and savory treats. It has the perfect balance of flavors and gets even better when it takes a bath in chocolate. Oh my! Talk about tasty. I'm not sure which flavor is my favorite out of this bunch because they are all special in their own way. A little salty, a little sweet and a little spicy. Trust me, if you love bacon you're going to love this treat.
Chocolate covered candied bacon 3 ways
Yields 6 strips
- 6 thick slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon large flaked sea salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together dark brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat each slice of bacon with brown sugar mixture and lay on prepared baking sheet.
- Once fully coated, add the bacon to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the sugar has created a candy shell over the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray.
- Dip 4 slices of the bacon into the chocolate. Cover 3/4 of each slice.
- Add the dipped bacon to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle 2 slices with crushed red pepper flakes and 2 slices with flaked sea salt.
- Dip the remaining 2 slices of candied bacon into the caramel sauce.
- Dip it into the melted chocolate and lay onto the parchment lined sheet with the other bacon. Let the chocolate harden and enjoy.
More candied bacon recipes
Candied BLT recipe
Candied bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe
Maple & bacon cupcake recipe