Cookie Butter-Stuffed Pretzel Bites
Small pretzels are filled with — get ready for it — cookie butter! Then these bite-size treats are dunked into melted chocolate for one super-sweet snack or dessert.
These little stuffed pretzels are so easy and so delicious. Instead of using peanut butter I used cookie butter. What is cookie butter? It's a wonderful spread similar in consistency to peanut butter but with the flavors of gingerbread cookies, and, let me tell you, it is good! I purchased my cookie butter from Trader Joe's. But if you don't have one nearby, look in your local store near the peanut butter section for Biscoff. You won't regret hunting it down for this recipe.
These are prefect for lunch boxes, after-school snacks, parties or just when you're in the mood for a sweet little bite.
Cookie butter-stuffed pretzel bites recipe
Inspired by Pinterest
Yields about 3 dozen
- 1 cup cookie butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag small pretzels (any shape)
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cookie butter and the softened butter and mix with a hand mixer. Add in both the powdered and brown sugars and mix again until the filling is smooth and creamy.
- With a small measuring spoon (I used the teaspoon size), begin rolling spoonfuls of the filling into little balls. When all of the filling has been rolled, sandwich each ball between 2 pretzels. Place all of the pretzel "sandwiches" on the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl or double boiler and completely melt the chocolate. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the refrigerator and begin to dip each one into the chocolate. (I dipped the pretzels halfway into the chocolate, but you can fully cover if desired.)
- Once all of your pretzels have been dipped in chocolate, allow them to cool completely for about 1 hour on the counter or for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container either in a cool dry place or keep chilled until ready to serve.
Sink your teeth into these luscious cookie butter recipes
More pretzel recipes
Warm cheesy beer dip and pretzels
Pretzels with spicy mustard
Maple pretzel chicken