Do you love bacon? Do you love Buffalo sauce? Combine these two delicious ingredients for one over-the-top game day dish.
When I was in Austin, Texas, a few months ago, I was served a dish that left me utterly and completely speechless. If you know me, that's pretty hard to do. And because I think you too deserve to be left speechless, I'm sharing that dish. It's called Buffalo bacon.
That's right, I said Buffalo bacon. It has everything you crave in Buffalo chicken wings but is all SERVED ON BACON. The end result is spicy, crispy, cheesy and utterly perfect. Your Super Bowl party will never taste any better.
Loaded Buffalo bacon recipe
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1/2-2/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, divided
- Fresh spinach
- About 1/2 cup chopped carrots and celery
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil. Place the bacon on the sheets, being sure not to overlap the slices. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove the foil and throw away.
- Line another baking sheet with foil. Place the bacon on the foil and top with Buffalo sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup blue cheese and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Place on a bed of spinach and garnish with remaining blue cheese and chopped carrots and celery.
More Buffalo recipes
Buffalo chicken tacos
Buffalo chicken tater tot casserole
Sriracha vegan Buffalo wings