Some people watch the game, others are only in it for the food. If you're one of the later (and I totally am, no shame), this recipe is for you. Baked mini potatoes are stuffed with broccoli and plenty of cheese, kind of like a healthier version of your traditional potato skins. So while you're pretending your best to care about that touchdown, have fun popping these in your mouth!
Broccoli & cheese-stuffed mini potatoes recipe
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen broccoli to a microwave-safe bowl, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain water, chop broccoli and add it to a large bowl.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes in half. Using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out most of the center of the potato flesh and add it to the large bowl with the broccoli. Leave enough potato flesh so that the potatoes still maintain their shape but a big enough hole to stuff the potatoes.
- Add the cheddar cheese and yogurt to the bowl with the broccoli and potatoes and mash everything together until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the stuffing back into each potato and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the extra cheese and return to the oven to melt for 1 minute.
- Remove and serve warm.
More game day recipes
Jalapeño popper-stuffed soft pretzels
Green chili cheese dip
Spiced-up guacamole in a homemade tortilla bowl