Chicken fajitas don't have to be a restaurant only meal. While this version might not come out on a sizzling plate, it is still just as delicious. We made them in the slow cooker, and, after 8 hours, we were rewarded with perfectly cooked and spiced dinner. Warm up some tortillas, and the meal is complete.
Slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 (12 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1-2 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional, these are spicy)
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add chicken breast and top with onion, bell peppers, taco seasoning, chipotle chili powder, diced tomatoes, green chilies and optional chipotle peppers.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When fully cooked shred the chicken, mix and serve with tortillas and toppings.
More slow cooker recipes
Slow cooker chicken tacos
Italian slow cooker pulled chicken sliders
Slow cooker Buffalo chicken sliders