Whenever I crave comfort food, I almost always go to a place that includes potatoes, bacon and cheese. I took these classic craving foods and turned them into a casserole that is sure to please. Crispy potatoes, smoked bacon, perfectly roasted chicken and lots of sharp cheddar cheese. This is one casserole I cannot help but come back to for seconds.
Loaded baked potato chicken recipe
Yields 4 (6 inch) gratin dishes
- 8 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and spray a 4 (6 inch) gratin dishes with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spoon potatoes into the casserole dishes. In the remaining oil, add the chopped chicken, stir and let it sit while the potatoes are baking.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-35 minute until the potatoes are soft but not falling apart.
- Top the potatoes equally with the diced chicken and bake for 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle on cheese and bacon and broil until the cheese is melted. Add green onion and serve warm.
More casserole recipes
Buffalo chicken tater tot casserole
Chili casserole topped with cornbread
Leftover turkey shepherd's pie