Dinnertime doesn't have to mean rushing around without any clue of what to make. This simple dinner quesadilla is perfect if you are short on time and even works as a delicious lunch. Not only do we add guacamole to the quesadilla, but we serve it alongside too. Is there ever such a thing as too much guacamole?
Spicy barbecue chicken and avocado quesadilla recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (this is spicy)
- 1/4-1/3 cup guacamole (try this delicious recipe)
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- Nonstick butter spray
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. While the butter is melting put together the quesadilla.
- In a bowl mix together chicken, barbecue sauce and chipotle chili powder.
- Lay out on tortilla and spread with guacamole, chicken mixture, cheese and top with other flour tortilla.
- Carefully pick up the quesadilla and place into the pan with the melted butter.
- Cook until browned on the bottom and carefully flip over to cook the other side. If you need more oil in the pan, simply add another tablespoon of butter.
- Once browned on both sides remove from the pan and let cool for 1 minute before cutting.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce and guacamole.
More quesadilla recipes
Tomato and vegetable quesadilla
BBQ pork and pineapple quesadilla
Lentil and sweet pepper quesadilla