Spaghetti night just got a whole lot tastier. This dish takes traditional spaghetti and meat sauce and gives it a little twist. We added in cream cheese to create a creamy and flavorful dish. Top with cheese, broil and enjoy for an easy weeknight dinner.
Cream cheese spaghetti recipe
Yields 9 x 9-inch dish
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian blend seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and add to the stove over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and the pasta. Cook till al dente, following box directions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, start working on the ground beef mixture.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion and Italian blend seasoning. Cook until the ground beef is browned. If there is a lot of grease in the pan, drain.
- Add tomato sauce, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the meat in the pan. Simmer on low until the cream cheese has melted into the mixture.
- Toss in cooked pasta and mix until completely combined. Pour into a 9 x 9-inch dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Broil the dish in the oven to help melt the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted and lightly browned remove from the oven, let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy.
More pasta recipes
Southwestern baked spaghetti
Pumpkin and ricotta pasta
Pasta with collard greens and bacon