A Simple Holiday Appetizer
Another one of those wonderful, crowd-pleasing, bite-size appetizers that can be plated and served at room temperature so you can enjoy your party.
This fig and gorgonzola puff pastry bite recipe is so simple and one puff pastry sheet yields two dozen appetizers. Add a drizzle of a high-quality honey that brings together all the flavors and helps make them glisten.
Fig and Gorgonzola puff pastry bite recipe
Makes 24 bites
- 1 Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 black mission figs, stems removed and cut in half vertically
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- Chopped thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet into a large rectangle. Using a small/medium biscuit cutter, cut out 24 circles of puff pastry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the puff pastry circles on top.
- Brush the top of each pastry circle with melted butter.
- Place in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven (they will be all puffed up at this point) and place one of the halved mission figs (seed side up) down into the center of each puff pastry circle. (The puff pastry will break in the center, but that's OK, you are forming a cup shape.)
- Top each one with some Gorgonzola cheese and place back in the oven about 2-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle each puff pastry bite with honey, top with fresh thyme if desired and place on a serving tray.
More holiday appetizer recipes
3 Savory holiday appetizer recipes
Easy stuffed pastry cup recipes
Bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed date recipe