Green beans are a wonderful side dish, and they're even better when jazzed up with some olive oil, garlic and blue cheese. The crumbled blue cheese gives the green beans a pop of flavor with every bite. Try serving the green beans on a plate so that each green bean gets its share of the blue cheese topping. And it makes for a beautiful presentation, too. You may need to make extra because these will go fast.
Olive oil and garlic green beans with crumbled blue cheese recipe
- 2 servings of whole fresh green beans (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 5 dashes salt
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Cut the stem ends off of the green beans.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the water and green beans.
- Let the water come to a boil and stir the green beans so they're all laying in the water.
- Continue to let the green beans cook until the water is just about gone (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- Add the olive oil and stir so that all of the green beans are coated in the oil.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic. Stir all ingredients together.
- Continue to cook until the green beans are tender (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Transfer the green beans to a serving dish and top with the crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve immediately.
More on green beans
Green beans with pecan brown butter
Green bean and walnut salad recipe
Sweet and sour green beans recipe