Leftover Chicken, Waste Not!
If you have leftover chicken from dinner, make another meal out of it. Here's a very easy and seriously yummy sandwich to prepare in no time.
We always scratch our heads over leftovers. Now what? Giving them another chance by recycling them is the best way to give them new life. If you have some chicken left from the previous meal, just prepare a quick and simple adobo sandwich, pack it with some vegetables and an egg. Didn't we say we can do miracles with leftover chicken?
Chicken adobo sandwich recipe
- 8 ounces plain leftover chicken, chopped to strips
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (amount can be adjusted)
- Black pepper
- 2 slices big tomato
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bread
- Fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Over medium heat in a saucepan with olive oil, saute the garlic. When it gets toasted, discard it.
- Saute the chicken, then add the soy sauce, lemon and pepper. Adjust the amount of lemon to match your taste.
- Over medium heat, in another saucepan with very little olive oil, fry the eggs sunny side up or over easy.
- On the bread, put some lettuce, a slice of tomato, the chicken adobo and the egg.
- Serve warm.
More sandwich recipes
Ham, egg and cheese waffle sandwich
Maple bacon breakfast sandwich
Philly cheese steak sandwich