There's nothing like a quality craft cocktail. Taste your way across the U.S. with these amazing craft cocktails from top bartenders.
Grapefruit Ginger Margarita
- 3 large ice cubes
- 1-1/2 ounces Reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce ginger liqueur
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Grapefruit rind for garnish
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass.
- Add tequila, ginger liqueur, grapefruit juice and lime juice, and shake well until extremely chilled.
- Strain into chilled martini glass and garnish with grapefruit. Serve and enjoy.
"Grapefruit is an unexpected flavor combination with tequila, but it really works! I especially love the ginger/grapefruit combination," says Hope Cohen. "I developed this recipe after having a similar cocktail at the fabulous Four Seasons bar in Washington, D.C."
- 3-4 pieces of orange
- 1 ounce black peppercorn simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine Blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce Hangar One Mandarin Blossom vodka
Black peppercorn simple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- For the simple syrup, simmer water, sugar, whole and cracked black peppercorns for 20 minutes. Cool completely before use.
- Muddle orange, black peppercorn simple syrup and lime juice in a mixing glass.
- Add Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine Blanco tequila, Hangar One Mandarin Blossom and ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with 2 orange wedges and a twist of cracked black pepper.
Visit Taco Guild in Phoenix to try The Legend >>
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 dashes house-made fig bitters (substitute with store-bought fig bitters)
- 2 dashes house-made lemon bitters (substitute with store-bought lemon bitters)
- 2 dashes house-made lime bitters (substitute with store-bought lime bitters)
- Shake all ingredients hard in cocktail shaker until drink is frothy and smooth.
- Garnish with dried fig and flaming lemon peel and drizzled line of Angostura bitters.
"The caramel and vanilla notes of rye are brought together with a special preparation of Manna, a deliciously smooth combination of egg whites and sugar syrup, all dressed with house-made dried figs and a drizzled line of Angostura bitters," says the Library Bar team.
Visit The Rittenhouse Hotel’s Library Bar in Philadelphia to try The RH >>
- 1-1/2 ounces dry gin
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce lemon
- 1/2 ounce lime
- 1/2 ounce infused honey syrup (substitute with cardamom bitters)
- 1/2 ounce coconut milk
- Shake all ingredients well.
- Strain and serve over ice and top with soda water.
"A fizz is a classic style of cocktail characterized by the use of a sour (lemon or lime) and topped with soda water. They often contain the white of an egg to create lift and a silky texture to the drink. Utah is known as the beehive state as residents relate the beehive symbol to industry and the pioneer virtues of thrift and perseverance," says bartender Davy Bartlett. "We found that the coconut milk added a quality similar to the egg white."
Visit Silver Restaurant in Park City to try the Beehive Fizz >>
- 3/4 ounce Cognac
- 3/4 ounce 151 proof Guyanan rum
- 1/2 ounce Amaretto
- 1/2 ounce 2:1 demerara syrup
- 1 whole farm egg
- Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout
- Add all ingredients except Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout and shake hard and long.
- Double strain into beer tulip glass over fresh ice.
- Top with 1 ounce Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout and nutmeg.
"The thing about the Black Heart Flip is that it's just delicious," says bar director David Shenaut. "Dark rum and cognac are always brilliant together. The Amaretto provides that 'guilty pleasure' factor — it's soft, nutty and sweet. The drink is also rich and robust because we add a large fresh farm egg."
Visit Raven and Rose in Portland to try the Black Heart Flip >>
More cocktail recipes
3 Boozy hot chocolate recipes
8 Sparkling skinny cocktails
4 Unique spicy cocktail recipes