Fried Rice For Vegans
Create your own take-out-inspired recipes right at home. Brown rice is cooked with fresh vegetables, diced pineapple and served warm. This is also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your meals.
Here's our take on vegetable fried rice. We left out the usual egg in this dish to accommodate vegan eaters but the great thing about this recipe is that you can add or subtract any ingredients that you want. This is a fun way to get creative in the kitchen.
Easy homemade vegetable fried rice recipe
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 red and green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown, white or jasmine work fine in this dish)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (add more if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
- In a wok or large pan, heat the peanut oil over medium heat. Add in ginger, garlic and sweet onions, cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add in the frozen peas and red and green pepper. Continue to cook until the frozen vegetables have cooked thoroughly and the peppers have softened.
- Finally add in the cooked rice, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook tossing well to ensure all the ingredients are combined. Divide between plates and garnish with sliced almonds and green onions. Best served warm.
More Asian-inspired recipes
Spicy lemongrass tofu
Fried tofu and pork with vinegar dressing
Asian-style chicken nuggets with lemon glaze