A Fun Way To Use Leftovers
Leftover chicken fajitas and Mexican toppings are a fun way to switch up your usual pizza night.
Instead of the usual toppings, we created this Mexican-inspired pizza, replacing salsa for the sauce and topping it off with leftover fajita chicken and vegetables from a previous dinner, cheddar cheese and all of our favorite Mexican food toppings. Store-bought pizza dough cuts prep time down and makes this a perfect weeknight meal.
Shortcut chicken fajita pizza recipe
- 1 ball fresh store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups leftover chicken and vegetable fajitas (or diced chicken, bell peppers and onions cooked with fajita seasonings)
- Sour cream and fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to desired thickness. Evenly spread the salsa over the top and sprinkle with the shredded cheeses. Add the leftover chicken and vegetable fajitas and bake for 25 minutes or until the pizza is golden brown.
- Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
If you don't want to use the pizza dough in this recipe simply replace with flour tortillas.
More delicious pizza ideas
Easy bubble up pizza
Nectarine and Gorgonzola pizza
Easy savory pizza muffins