Love breaded chicken but hate the carbs and calories? This quinoa-crusted chicken is the perfect solution.
We're switching up the usual weeknight breaded chicken recipe by using quinoa, a protein packed superfood. This healthier alternative to breadcrumbs is just as tasty (try cooking the quinoa in chicken broth instead of water for an even more flavorful coating) but with a lot more nutritional value.
Quinoa-crusted chicken recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the flour onto a plate
- Combine the cooked quinoa and Italian seasoning on another plate.
- Coat the chicken breast in the flour first, then dip in the egg to coat. Lastly, cover with the quinoa mixture. Place the breast on top of the wire rack. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of each piece, return to the oven for about 30 seconds until melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
More chicken recipes
Baked chicken fingers with sweet and tangy dipping sauce
Easy orange chicken noodle stir-fry
Lemon and oregano chicken fillet