Nothing is more delicious that sitting down to a big pasta meal. This dish is packed full of winter butternut squash, three different cheeses and fresh baby spinach. We kept it meatless but a pound of cooked sweet Italian sausage would be a tasty addition.
Butternut squash, ricotta and spinach stuffed shells recipe
Yields 9 x 13-inch dish
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 3 cups cooked and pureed butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add in jumbo shells and cook till al dente, following box directions. When cooked, drain and drizzle lightly with olive oil so the pasta does not stick together.
- In a large skillet, add pureed squash, spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on the stove top until the mixture is warmed throughout.
- Once warm, start stuffing shells. Fill each shell with filling and place into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
More butternut squash recipes
Butternut squash croquette recipe
Winter squash soup recipe
Butternut squash mac and cheese recipe