Winter is the perfect time to take advantage of frozen summer vegetables and delicious fresh winter vegetables. It's the perfect collision of flavors that is paired with tricolor couscous, rich vegetable stock and fresh herbs. This soup is comforting, hearty and perfect for cold winter weather.
Couscous and vegetable soup recipe
- 5 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 cup tricolor (or plain) couscous
- 3 small red potatoes, small dice
- 1 large sweet potato, small dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup frozen green beans
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup of the vegetable stock to a boil. Add in couscous, stir, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit to the side while you prepare the soup.
- On your prepared baking sheet, add potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for about 30 minutes until soft.
- While your potatoes are roasting, start making the soup. In a large pot, add remaining vegetable stock, peas, green beans, corn and thyme and bring to a simmer.
- Gently simmer until potatoes are done cooking. Add in potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes to bring together flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scoop a few spoonfuls of couscous into a soup bowl and pour a ladle of soup over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
More soup recipes
50-clove garlic soup recipe
Black bean nacho soup recipe
Vegan asparagus soup recipe