Eggnog doesn't just have to be served in a mug with a splash of bourbon. This sweet eggnog quick bread is easy to throw together and perfect for Christmas morning breakfast. Plus, we drizzled it with an eggnog and nutmeg glaze just to make things even more decadent.
Eggnog quick bread recipe
Yields 1 9 x 5-inch loaf
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat eggnog
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3-4 tablespoons full-fat eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs, eggnog, rum extract, brown sugar, sugar and butter. Mix on low until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until the center of the loaf is fully cooked. You can test this by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean it's full cooked.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove the loaf.
- While the loaf cools make the glaze.
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, rum extract, eggnog and nutmeg. If the glaze it too thick, simply add more eggnog; if it's too thin add more sugar.
- Pour over quick bread and enjoy.
More eggnog recipes
Baked eggnog doughnut recipe
Boozy peppermint eggnog latte recipe
Boozy eggnog milkshake recipe