Have you been naughty or nice? These Rice Krispies treats are Christmas-inspired and a fun take on coal in your stockings.
Will you get presents in your stocking or coal? These fun Rice Krispies treats are made to look like Christmas coal and are perfect stocking stuffers. Just wrap in a fun plastic bag and add this edible goodie to your stocking.
Edible Christmas coal recipe
Yields about 40 pieces (depending on size)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Black food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter and add in marshmallows. Stir until the mixture is fully melted.
- Add in a few drops of black food coloring and stir to combine. Drop in more food coloring to reach desired color.
- Stir in cereal and fold until totally coated in the black marshmallow mixture.
- Spray a spoon with nonstick spray (recoat as necessary) and drop mixture in various sizes onto a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Let the treats harden and then package as desired.
You can find black no-taste food coloring in your local craft or baking supply store.
More Rice Krispies treats
Pumpkin-shaped Rice Krispies treats
4th of July layered Krispies treats
Funfetti conversation heart Rice Krispies