Pizza For Breakfast,
Lunch Or Dinner!
The crispy pancetta adds an intense flavor and crunch to this pizza with fresh spinach, ricotta and soft baked egg!
Getting the pancetta extra crispy is the key to making this pizza perfect! Make sure each slice gets a little bit of the yolk… it's absolutely delicious!
Pizza with crispy pancetta and soft baked egg recipe
- 1/2 pound pancetta, cut into small cubes
- 1 store-bought pizza dough, rolled out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup San Marzano tomato sauce (or sauce of choice)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves (about 2 large handfuls), rinsed
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place a flat baking sheet or pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pancetta cubes in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook pancetta down until most of the fat has rendered off and the pancetta is fragrant and crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove pancetta from the pan, blot with a paper towel to remove excess grease and set aside.
- Place a tablespoon of olive oil into a frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach leaves to the pan and cook down until spinach is wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle pizza dough with the other tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle the garlic powder all over the dough. Place pizza dough into the oven about 2-3 minutes just to slightly harden and set.
- Using a pizza shell or spatulas, remove the crust from the oven and top with tomato sauce, spinach, ricotta cheese and some of the crispy pancetta.
- Using a spoon, clear a circle in the center of the pizza (you are forming a "well" for the egg) and carefully crack the egg into the cleared circle.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella all around the pizza (not covering the egg) and place pizza back in the oven until the dough is cooked, cheese is melted and egg is set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven, top with remaining crispy pancetta, fresh cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
To render off much of the fat of the pancetta and to get it nice and crispy, you may want to occasionally turn the heat down to low, it should take about 15-20 minutes.
More pizza recipes
Cheeseburger pizza recipe
Potato rosemary recipe
Barbecue chicken pizza recipe