Enchilada Flavors Stuffed In A Bell Pepper
Lean ground turkey breast is mixed with taco seasonings, enchilada sauce and veggies then stuffed into sweet bell pepper halves. Topped with cheese and baked, these delicious peppers will make your whole family happy.
Who doesn't love enchiladas? As good as they are, they aren't always the healthiest thing to eat. Here we get rid of the tortilla and use bell peppers for our enchilada mixture. If you don't like turkey, use any type of meat such as beef, pork or chicken. If you are a vegetarian, you can use crumbled veggie burgers in place of the meat or skip that ingredient all together, focusing on a vegetable enchilada stuffed pepper.
Cheesy baked enchilada stuffed bell peppers recipe
Serves 4 (2 halves per person)
- 4 large red, orange or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound organic lean ground turkey breast
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked or canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons all-natural taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan or large casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and the turkey, cooking until no longer pink. In a large bowl add the browned turkey, cooked quinoa, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce and all of the seasonings, mixing very well.
- Arrange the peppers on the baking pan and, with a spoon, stuff each pepper half with the turkey mixture, filling all of the peppers. Bake for 25 minutes or until the peppers have softened.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and divide the cheese between the peppers. Bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Best when served warm.
More delicious Mexican recipes
Mini 7 layer dips
Mexican-style chicken Parmesan
Cilantro lime rice burrito bowls