Healthy Asian Recipe Made At Home
Asian flavors combine with healthy ground turkey and quinoa for a quick stir-fry dinner.
Making delicious Asian-inspired food at home doesn't have to be hard or stressful. Organic lean ground turkey breast is lightly sauteed with peppers, onions and pineapple and tossed in an easy orange sauce. Quinoa is a great healthy replacement for rice, and the pineapple gives this dish a hint of sweetness.
Easy Asian turkey skillet recipe
For the orange sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons agave or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (omit if you do not want your sauce spicy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
For the stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons olive or peanut oil
- 1 pound organic lean ground turkey breast
- 2 huge handfuls organic baby spinach
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- In a small sauce pot, combine all of the sauce ingredients mixing well. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low stirring occasionally. Continue to simmer until thick.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the olive or peanut oil. Add the turkey and brown until cooked completely. Add in peppers and onions and continue to cook until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Carefully pour the orange sauce over the turkey and vegetables mixing to coat and add in the cooked quinoa. Right before serving, stir in the fresh pineapple to warm it and the spinach to wilt it. Divide the stir-fry between four plates. Serve immediately.
More Asian-inspired recipes
Butternut squash and pepper stir fry
Asian style chicken nuggets with lemon glaze
Thai peanut noodle bowls