Turtle bars are delicious but we took them over the top by adding in Christmas-inspired cranberry. It adds a level of sweet-tart flavor that really sends this bar over the edge.
A dessert like this is over the top and totally amazing. It's packed full of chocolate, tart cranberries, nuts and caramel. This is one dessert that is sure to not only impress but to have people begging for the recipe.
Cranberry turtle bars
Adapted from Epicurious
Yields 9 x 13-inch dish
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (big enough to fit the pan)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 cups pecans or walnuts (we used walnuts)
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate
- Prepare brownies according to box directions.
- Once fully cooked, set aside to cool and start the topping.
- Melt butter in a high-sided medium skillet. Once melted, stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 245 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in cranberry and cook mixture until the heat goes back to 245 degrees F.
- Take off the heat and stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture over the brownies and quickly spread it out as evenly as possible. Let cool and drizzle with melted chocolate.
More cranberry recipes
Cranberry and turkey stuffed sweet potato recipe
Jalapeño cranberry sauce recipe
Mini cranberry apple pie recipe