Need your morning to start off delicious? This flavor-packed bananas Foster French toast will get your day going with a smile.
French toast is naturally delicious, but this French toast is over the top. We took perfectly spiced and battered French toast and fried it up to perfection. Then we quickly sauteed bananas, rum, maple syrup and spices to create the best French toast topping you have ever tasted.
Bananas Foster French toast recipe
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 thick slices bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- In a shallow dish, whisk together half-and-half, egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Melt a few tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Quickly dip both sides of bread and fry until browned on each side.
- Keep French toast warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Slice bananas and set aside.
- In a small skillet add maple syrup and dark rum. Cook on medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add in bananas and stir until the sauce is thickened.
- Add French toast to two plates and top equally with syrup.
More French toast recipes
Whole-wheat French toast sticks
Challah French toast with apples
Mascarpone-stuffed French toast with cranberries