A Fast, Fresh And Healthy Dinner
Pita bread is topped with fresh cheese, herbs and baked until warm and bubbly. Finish things off with a green salad piled high for a heathy mini pizza dinner.
Here we use pita bread as our pizza crust and top it with freshly grated cheeses and herbs. These make a great base for the salad that we pile on top of our warm personal-size pizzas. You can use any type of salad, but we share our favorite version below.
Quick & easy insalata pizza recipe
For the pizzas
- 6 small pita breads
- Olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Small handful fresh basil, thinly sliced
For the salad
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup balsamic salad dressing
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1 cup crumbled feta or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the pita breads on the baking sheet and drizzle each one with olive oil. Divide the sliced mozzarella between the bread and sprinkle each with garlic powder and Italian herbs. Bake 10 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil.
- In a large bowl combine the baby spinach and the balsamic dressing tossing very well. Divide the spinach between each of the pita pizzas. Top with strawberries, pecans, cheese and avocado. Serve immediately.
More easy pizza ideas
Easy bubble up pizza
Easy savory pizza muffins
Stuffed portobello mushroom pizzas